How to cancel your NRA membership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NRA exists within the Beltway. This is a fact with which both supporters and non-supporters deal. And when I said "deal" this is just what I mean. Exist inside the cesspool of D.C. and one must deal to survive.

Which for me is the root of the problem. Deals are made with very little regard for our history, the Constitution, or our rights as citizens. Success is often measured in how few of our rights are allowed to be trampled upon. Measured by this the NRA has been a huge success. Measured by any other yardstick our government and the NRA are a total loss.

It's been said that even the devil does good from time to time. It's also been said that when one sleeps with dogs one tends to get fleas. For me the question becomes whether to get into bed with the devil or to sleep with dogs.

Not really too hard to answer as I can read. A copy of the U.S. Constitution is readily available as is our Bill of Rights. Nowhere in either is a provision for negotiating any of my rights away! In fact the wording is very clear on what needs to happen should government attempt to usurp my rights.

And so I defer any criticism of the NRA as it exists. It is what it is and one can choose to support or decline to support the organization. Not my call either way.

My choice is to support nothing and nobody bargaining with my individual rights. For me there's no gray area and I'm not about to contribute support to an organization that at best claims to have slowed the loss of my rights.

Others will see things differently. I respect you and your opinions and I fully support your right to join and support the NRA. I only ask that you remember and acknowledge my admonitions when the NRA announces victory because they've won the right for you to retain the photos you took of your guns before the Gestapo arrived to collect them.

In my opinion it all comes down as to whether rights may be negotiated. For some this is acceptable. For others of us even the hint of government tampering with our rights is a call to arms. Most of us fall somewhere in the middle, but there may come a time when we must decide which side we're really on.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You either defend the Constitution as written as a whole, or, you're part of the problem that's taking this nation down a path of self destruction.

That's the way it should work, there is no question about it. The NRA or any other similar organization should not even exist.
Unfortunately Washington DC doesn't work that way. There are people all over the country that refuse to see the Constitution the way it is, or don't know any better and they get to vote just like you and I do. Their Representatives are anti gun. That creates two sides to an issue that should not even exist. You need a lobby, you need somebody to look out for your idea of what the Bill Of Rights means.
The NRA is all we got.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
gunowners.org is the website for Gun Owners of America

It is an organization that was started by previous leaders of the NRA that got tired of the NRA legislating and compromising our rights away. The GOA is a no compromise organization. The GOA "gets it".....they defend the constitution in its entirety.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It is an organization that was started by previous leaders of the NRA that got tired of the NRA legislating and compromising our rights away. The GOA is a no compromise organization. The GOA "gets it".....they defend the constitution in its entirety.

http://gunowners.org/fs1003.htm

Based on that, I would rate them higher than the NRA.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
whining about how the NRA doesnt do enough good is not an equal substitute for 2nd amendment advocacy.

In fact, its just the opposite.

Why whine, when one can simply stop wasting money on them? That's what I did. They should have stopped sending Rifleman 6 months ago. I think they are in denial...and wasting your money.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I apologize for the poor way I posted. I know the GOA, I've met the founder of the organization and was a member for years. Unfortunately, they were not able to expand to the point that they matter. Nobody in DC cares about what they have to say. For better or worse, the NRA matters, the antigun politicians think so, the progun politicians think so, the news media think so, most of the people think so.
We are stuck till there is a better alternative.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I apologize for the poor way I posted. I know the GOA, I've met the founder of the organization and was a member for years. Unfortunately, they were not able to expand to the point that they matter. Nobody in DC cares about what they have to say. For better or worse, the NRA matters, the antigun politicians think so, the progun politicians think so, the news media think so, most of the people think so.
We are stuck till there is a better alternative.

The only way to change it is to NOT support the NRA and instead focus your time and effort on an organization like the GOA that is not in bed with D.C.

If you continue to support the NRA, you are only rewarding them for "sensible gun legislation" that gnaws away at the Constitution, your freedoms & liberty, and the principles of this nation.

I feel the pot getting warm, and I'm smart enough to jump out before it comes to a boil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom