How to control masquitos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They make a yard spray that fogs a perimeter. We use it around the pool when they get bad or we have friends over late. Spray the bushes, fence, etc. Between that and tiki torches with citronella it keeps them at bay for an evening at least. The "pucks" tossed in standing water work well too.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay I can assure you the signs so not work, I had to go out to the truck last night and when I made it back inside I felt light headed due to blood loss. :)

I wish we had some method that would work out well because of the bean field next to us, man they are swarming awful.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talked to a mosquito guy once at an airport. He said that the little bustards don't fly very far (but I can't remember the range he told me). He said that if you have mosquitoes in your yard, somewhere in the immediate vicinity you have some still water that they use for hatching. Treat that water and the buzzers go away.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I talked to a mosquito guy once at an airport. He said that the little bustards don't fly very far (but I can't remember the range he told me). He said that if you have mosquitoes in your yard, somewhere in the immediate vicinity you have some still water that they use for hatching. Treat that water and the buzzers go away.

Generally speaking, mosquitos have a feeding range of 300 feet or so, though they can travel several miles. If you live in a closely packed neighborhood, keeping your yard clean may not have much of an effect if your neighbors are slobs.

One thing you can do to lower your attractiveness to mosquitoes.... is not to drink beer :D

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom