How to control masquitos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put goldfish in my horse water tank and never feed em. They eat water bugs and algae.

Goldfish are pretty nasty and put off a lot of ammonia. Did they never skunk up the tank enough that it would impact the horses?

I'm not smart on horses, so this is a genuine question.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goldfish are pretty nasty and put off a lot of ammonia. Did they never skunk up the tank enough that it would impact the horses?

I'm not smart on horses, so this is a genuine question.

I can't answer for CHenry, but goldfish in stock tanks are fairly common and I have never heard of anyone having a problem. I would venture a guess that it would take a LOT of goldfish in big stock tank to cause harm.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't answer for CHenry, but goldfish in stock tanks are fairly common and I have never heard of anyone having a problem. I would venture a guess that it would take a LOT of goldfish in big stock tank to cause harm.

Truff.
Goldfish in horse tanks has been going on for as long as I can remember.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only have about 4 GF in the 100 gal. trough and I dump and clean it every 6 months or as needed. And I overfill the tank a lot.
I have a high dollar brood mare drinking from it, I wouldnt be stupid enough to cause her issues.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well.

I think the bounce dryer sheet kindof worked?!?.,

I started outside working around 7 and i was not bitten that i noticed anyway but around noon i was getting bit a lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom