How to destroy a police department

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finishnailer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Add and subtract….yep! this isn’t an indictment on police officers. When people go into a profession knowing what they will be compensated and then constantly talk about how badly they are compensated it gets old. Is it a sucky job? Sure sounds like it from hearing you guys talk about it. Lots of jobs really suck and don’t pay well. What you were paid almost 30 years ago has no real bearing on the here and now.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Add and subtract….yep! this isn’t an indictment on police officers. When people go into a profession knowing what they will be compensated and then constantly talk about how badly they are compensated it gets old. Is it a sucky job? Sure sounds like it from hearing you guys talk about it. Lots of jobs really suck and don’t pay well. What you were paid almost 30 years ago has no real bearing on the here and now.
You made it so with the poverty wages question. I put it in context for you. The add and subtract was my little jab at sarcasm of which I am a cardholing member.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, @jakeman , that’s what, 1:20 in this thread alone?

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong (I think it’s a deep biological urge that’s surfacing, not some abstract sociological construct), but from what I’m seeing, they’re definitely not getting the same treatment she is.

And do you have any idea how hard it was to avoid saying they’re not taking the same kind of pounding she is?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong (I think it’s a deep biological urge that’s surfacing, not some abstract sociological construct), but from what I’m seeing, they’re definitely not getting the same treatment she is.

And do you have any idea how hard it was to avoid saying they’re not taking the same kind of pounding she is?

I didn't say they were taking the same kind of pounding she is, but I wish I had used that somehow, all I'm saying is, they're paying a price. I agree it's not as expensive as hers, but they're paying a price.

As hilarious as I find this, and I do find it hilarious, I really hope they can work their way thru this deal and not wind up killing themselves or each other. As funny as it is to me, it could wind up really bad, really easy. I really hope that don't happen.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't say they were taking the same kind of pounding she is, but I wish I had used that somehow, all I'm saying is, they're paying a price. I agree it's not as expensive as hers, but they're paying a price.

As hilarious as I find this, and I do find it hilarious, I really hope they can work their way thru this deal and not wind up killing themselves or each other. As funny as it is to me, it could wind up really bad, really easy. I really hope that don't happen.
I'm getting really sick of her and her face everywhere. The other officers I don't give two shiiits about.
They made their choices just like the perps they have arrested made their choices. New blood in the department will take years of squeaky clean endeavor to wash it and it will never come out.

Out damned spot, out I say!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4CDBA041-C22C-4BF4-BE94-2EA1BBDE984F.jpeg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I retired in 1995 I was earning $8.21 an hour. Insurance was $600 a month. Can you add and subtract? I was training guys coming into the dept at $10.

Edmond P.D. is offering $34 after training completed.
Sounds like you were just working for a department that didn’t pay well. During that same timeframe, I knew a guy working armed security in Norman who was making $8/hour, and he was annoyed that off-duty NPD officers were getting $16/hour for doing the exact same job—while wearing their NPD uniforms.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you were just working for a department that didn’t pay well. During that same timeframe, I knew a guy working armed security in Norman who was making $8/hour, and he was annoyed that off-duty NPD officers were getting $16/hour for doing the exact same job—while wearing their NPD uniforms.
I don't know what the NPD guys were making on the job, but off-duty assignments always pay much more than whatever we got for working on-duty. Sad but true fact.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Well, the pounding will come if they enter prison. Only then will they be able to have sympathy.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting really sick of her and her face everywhere. The other officers I don't give two shiiits about.
They made their choices just like the perps they have arrested made their choices. New blood in the department will take years of squeaky clean endeavor to wash it and it will never come out.

Out damned spot, out I say!
Um they better not use a UV light. Don’t think they can wash it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom