How to make 50% alcohol stronger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife has been scouring the internet. Finally found a place to buy a gallon of 70% hand sanitizer. Came yesterday. We can refill our little pocket bottles now.
What was this place if you don’t mind sharing? I have plenty to last me a while but always want the big refill so I don’t run out.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FredKrueger100 - are you using the alcohol for a hand sanitizer or a general surface disinfectant? You might want to save the alcohol for a hand sanitizer (mix with Aloe Vera gel at more than 60% alcohol) since it is hard to find. Mix up chlorine bleach and water (directions on container) and put in a spray bottle to spray surfaces or towels to wipe surfaces. Chlorine Bleach has been fairly easy to find.
I was gonna use it for hand sanitizer if I need to. I have plenty of sprays and wipes to clean and disinfect with.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a Guthrie pharmacy selling half a gallon of sanitizer for $25?? yesterday on news. Don't remember their name. They made it.
Last week, News6 in Tulsa did a news story on an Oklahoma pharmacy that was making hand sanitizer. Dunno if the pharmacy was in Tulsa or not, as News6 in Tulsa and News9 in OKC share a lot of stories—it’s kind of weird to see News9 reporters being passed off as News6 reporters...

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw it on the news where a distiller was making it. But they weren’t selling big bottles of it. They were really small and said they were selling it for their cost to make it.

It had to be a distiller because these were not small bottles. I was only interested in story b/c they were big. There is a Norman pharmacy making it in small bottles for $8.

Latest posts

Top Bottom