How's everybody's garden doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got my two raised beds constructed, tomorrow they get filled with Dirt. OK BASSIN I planted all of my tomatoes in the trench form like you suggested, I hope I did it right! Time will tell :-D

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had fresh spinach last week. $$$%^$% gophers got a tomato plant. Re-planted, added more gopher repellant - waiting on rain. Blooms on a couple of tomato plants, cayenne plants.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK ... everything I've put out is doing good. Tomatoes, herbs like lemon basil, parsley, lavender, dill ... I have some asparagus coming up from last year's planting and those onions that are growing like weeds. Spinach and lettuce/radish/carrot mix in bags is doing pretty good. I'm thinking I'm gonna start some okra and some cucumbers and then call it good for the year. I'm not a big gardener and I'd rather do a little at a time until I get a feel for it than do a whole bunch and then be disappointed when it all dies on me. :(

Critter-wise I'm doing GREAT ... Hopefully I'll be as good with plants as I am with critters in a couple of years.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine "garden" is looking pretty pitiful.

i.imgur.com_sqfXEnh.jpg

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
might suggest those with cucumbers if u dont grow them on a trellis i would say it is great takes up less room in ur garden and alot easier to pick

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh Spata, I think it looks GREAT!! and rickm, yes I have a little trellis ... well, kinda ... I'm fixing a big pot and putting it at the corner of the dog pen so the vine can grow up the chain link ... I hope it works like I have it envisioned in my head ...

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha!

I'm starting from scratch again.

I had my goats out, and well,.... my nanny is pretty smart/stubborn. She pushed the gate open, let all of her girls in to clean it out for me.

I was a little upset, but realized it was my fault for not securing the gate better.

Goats, the world is their candy store.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha!

I'm starting from scratch again.

I had my goats out, and well,.... my nanny is pretty smart/stubborn. She pushed the gate open, let all of her girls in to clean it out for me.

I was a little upset, but realized it was my fault for not securing the gate better.

Goats, the world is their candy store.

LOL ... wow ... Goats and chickens ... I swear ... Nature's garbage disposals ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom