How's everybody's garden doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plant them outside? I am for real. Transplant outdoors and use the trench method for the plant.

I'd like too but they keep talking severe weather and with them being wussy plants even a light rain would probably beat them into the ground. I was hoping to get them healthy before I put them outdoors.

Also, not certain on "the trench method" of planting. I'll have to Google it.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my garden area fenced off to keep the dogs out but have been to tied up the last two weeks to plant, which is fortunate since we had that freeze. I plan on getting my other two beds set up and my stuff planted this weekend :-)

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother and I planted another 20 rows of corn, 60 tomato plants, 20 squash, replanted a couple rows of peas, cultivated potatoes and corn planted earlier, and hilled the potatoes.

The potatoes look really good, but they are in a low area that kind of stays damp. Everything else is in dire need of water, but we're about to remedy that by getting our drip tape system going. Unfortunately, it's not going to be feasible to irrigate the whole garden, but we are going to do a little bit of every thing.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally got my garden in today: Maters, taters, Indian "flint" corn (4 types), red beans, green beans, black beans, bell peppers, orange bell peppers, jalepenos, Sweet banana peppers, peas, yadda yadda.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not only am I moving to a new home which has a backyard in need of some rehab, but I'm moving too late to get in on the cool weather planting. :-(

Working on planting some support plants, dynamic accumulators and such, to get this dirt back to life.

I've got some Lamb's Quarter, clover, and some comfrey on the way, anyone got any suggestions?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not only am I moving to a new home which has a backyard in need of some rehab, but I'm moving too late to get in on the cool weather planting. :-(

Working on planting some support plants, dynamic accumulators and such, to get this dirt back to life.

I've got some Lamb's Quarter, clover, and some comfrey on the way, anyone got any suggestions?

Tomatoes

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Question....can you grow romaine lettuce completely in big potting buckets (I don't know what they are called)? Also same question with tomatoes?

Long story short, I'd like to grow romaine and tomatoes but I don't have a garden and my back issues make working a traditional garden impossible so I'm limited to containers if I do it.

YES and YES

Still got some tilling to do before planting the okra. Taters, maters, turnips, peppers, squash, zucchini, eggplant, carrots, lettuces, onions, sweet taters, cukes, beets, fennil, green beans, blackeye peas all looking good. Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries slow but making it. Peaches, apricots, cherries making a bumper crop.

IF can keep it watered and or get some good rain, should be a good year.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
potatoes, onions, peas, lettuce, and Egyptian walking onions are doing great. Radishes are ready to come out of the ground. Carrots are kinda so/so. I have a lot of volunteer plants coming up this year, I think they are pumpkins, maybe squash, IDK. Gonna put tomatoes, squash, watermelons, cucumbers, cantaloupe, peppers in sunday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom