How's the fishin at Wes Watkins Reservoir?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-rod

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone done any fishin at Wes Watkins? I've heard there are not many places to fish from the shore out there. Just wanted to know how true that is.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the big problem is it's a city lake which means they charge you to go in. I might be wrong. Also seems I heard there was an issue with algae or something. Access is pretty limited. Guessing the lack of comments might be saying something also.

Rdhaley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fished it from a boat... Quality bass if you can find them.. Doesn't look too good for bank fishing. Not sure about fees this year. Last time i went it was $6 for the vehicle and $6 for the boat.

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live close enough to it that I should be fishing it every day. However like YG said, $12 is way too high. They used to charge you just to drive in the gate and look around.

rockroad

New to the site!
Reaction score
I use to be the manager at the lake, and I live 1/4 mile from it. There are a few places on the north side by the ramp along the rock eddy. Sand bass are really good there (2-31/2 lbs), some large mouth in the cove next to it. On the south side only the boat ramp area are you able to fish unless you have a tube. It does cost to fish there, I think $7.00 for the day which is a vehicle fee so a load of people is still only $7.00.If you have a boat this time of year down at the railroad track on the west end on the north side in the trees is really good. So far in the past couple of weeks I've heard that a 7.12 & 8.4 large mouth were caught, also the Dept. of Fish & Game did a shock a little over a week ago haven't heard the results though.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, the vehicle fee.
Don't forget to mention the additional boat fee, or whatever it's called.

I used to fish there with an 8 foot, electric powered boat; and it still cost me $12 a day then.
That is rediculous.

groe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not a City Lake, but McLoud will be taking it over and the prices are coming down, less than half of what they were. I'll post when it happens you will be able to look and picnic for free, will take about 30 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom