Hunting Pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need a bigger pack to carry all my goodies to and from the woods. Everything I see for sale is the same size as what I already have unless I step up to a duffel, which is not nearly as convenient. With big temperature swings packing an extra layer in my bag is next to impossible. I might as well be carrying a HELLO KITTY backpack. Anyone else have the same issue? solutions? carrying less stuff is not a very good option.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

RedneckZombie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get a medium or large A.L.C.E. pack off ebay pretty reasonable and use it as a rucksack with no frame or put a frame on it. The frame is very uncomfortable for me so mine is set up as a ruck. They're super tough and have no zippers. I hate zippers, they're a weak link imo.

Clean Harry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with you on the zippers. If you have them, put them all the way to one side or the other, not at the top. I knew better but in a hurry I left them on top one time while hunting PA and made a long treck through the woods only to discover that it came open and dumped a lot of stuff out. It was all mountain laurel and not on a trail so I didn't find anything. Rangefinder, glasses, foam seat, - a lot of good stuff.

jberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an old Hello Kitty pack I used for years. Don't talk so bad about it!

Actually, just got my Badlands superday pack. Very nice, quiet and plenty big for everything including my Hannah Montana thermos.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good god, what do some of you people carry with you. I use an old gas mask pouch. Kinda like a man bag. Still be tough and carry my stuff, and then some...
No kidding. Unless I'm somewhere out west where I may end up spending the night, everything I need for a day can fit on my belt or in my pockets.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a Badlands Superday. I really like it, after years of using small packs, I'm loving this thing.

No kidding. Unless I'm somewhere out west where I may end up spending the night, everything I need for a day can fit on my belt or in my pockets.

The main benefits I have found to using a larger backpack are:

1. I can pack my outer layer of clothes, hats etc. in so I don't sweat like a whore in church by the time I make the hike to my stands. I used to have to wear my outer layer or tie it around my waist like a yuppie does a sweater.

2. When I get a deer, I can put my bow or gun in the carrier and have my hands free to drag the deer out.

3. It is much more comfortable than the little old Army surplus pack I used to use.

Really, I wish I had started using a large backpack style daypack years ago. So there 264 and JWE, take that to the bank and cash it.:tounge:

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_012.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom