Hunting Tips (please share yours)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the most useful tips I can think of relates to shooting deer at ranges just beyond your sighted in range. Of course if you spend hours upon hours at the range and know your cartridge's ballistics by memory, this won't be helpful! However, sometimes in the field you do things that are beyond logic.

Tip: If you aim above the deer, you will shoot above the deer. Most modern rounds don't drop 10" at 250 yards so there is no reason to overcompensate by aiming above the animal.

I found this out the hard way once and in the back of my head I was trying to stop myself but shot anyways. Immediately after I had remembered what my grandpa always told me. ^

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't buy every gimmick on the market. Some are marginally helpful, some are just junk, and a few may work very well for you. Stay basic, talk to hunters, and don't get loaded down with stuff. CB

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep it simple and have fun. Too many people get to wrapped up in killing a deer and fail to enjoy the hunt itself. I've been guilty of this a time or two myself.

The best way to learn is to team up with an experience hunter and absorb everything you can then mix it with your own experience.

There's no better place to learn to hunt than the woods. Get out there and hunt, hunt anything legal that's fun, and pay attention.

I knew a person that always seemed to just walk out during gun season and kill big bucks. I never could figure it out because all he did was quail hunt. Then I went out with him bird hunting and discovered the wealth of deer knowledge he gained on his quail hunts.

Have fun! Whackem and Stackem!!!

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
always remember to honor what you kill by not wasting.enjoy all your hunts.take a kid with you and watch their faces when they see the game.and lastly think god that we are still aloud to hunt and fish everyday that we can. Non believers please don't hate me because I do sorry.

Amen!

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You have to invest lots of time. Get in the woods as much as possible and stay there as long as possible. My buddy's wife makes him leave the woods early and then chews him out for not ever harvesting anything. I don't invite him anymore because of his turd wife.

Latest posts

Top Bottom