HVAC question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think my AC is not working right. Is the in-line drier out by the outside unit, with the fitting on it. Is it supposed to be pressurized?

Its usually cold, and sweaty when its working right. AC blowing, but not cold.

Any ideas Heat and air peeps?

Not really ready to call AirCo yet... they just checked out our system b 4 winter...
Do I really have to pay them ANOTHER 85 bucks... the system is only 6 yrs old
1/4 ton.

Help please??
Thanks!

HiPower

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the drier isn't sweaty, something is wrong. Could be a lack of airflow through the filter, or it could be refrigerant leak somewhere. Replace the air filter for starters, cuz it's cheap. If it doesn't get better, it's service call time.

Model 70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just like the other guys said, Check the filter. Ask yourself how often that the filter has been changed. If you can see the coil with the filter out, is it clean or clogged with lint and dust? Is the refrigerant line temperature any different before and after the inline dryer? If so, then the dryer is clogged up. Just start with the filter and post the results. You might check around the fittings (if they are threaded) for the presence of any oily residue, a sure sign of a leak.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welp, I removed the thick wool blanket from the outside of the coils, boy was that a job. Im pretty sure I am low, or out of coolant. Compressor is working fine, internal air filter is good.
Sure appreciate all the help from you fellas once again. You guys ROCK man....

Latest posts

Top Bottom