I am going to string up my recurve today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im going to go out in the backyard, put a target at 20yds, and shoot some arrows at it. Ill shoot maybe a little less than a dozen at it, then take a pic of it.
Im curious how my old instinctive eye will be, not having practiced in 10 or so years. Ive probably shot a total of 30 arrows since the early 2000's.

stay tuned, if anyone cares...

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anxious to see the pics. When I first started shooting a compound many years ago, I shot instinctively for a while. Got pretty good at it. For some reason, it never transferred over to recurves or longbows. Can't shoot those worth a darn.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I grabbed 10 underspined carbon arrows with vanes, which is ok, because I dont shoot off the shelf. The flat arc still surprised me a little bit and the first couple were high.

Heres the pic of my bow and arrows:

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_arrow1.jpg

Heres the view at 20yds:

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_arrow2.jpg

and here's the money shots:

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_arrow3.jpg

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_arrow4.jpg

As for my after action report:

I should have locked up my chessie, because he would pounce after the arrows after every shot. Also, my Copenhagen lip makes for a weird anchor point. Im pretty happy with this little test. The group is decent, 5 arrows hit the yellow, which is maybe 5-6", the other flyers were from lack of visual concentration and/or getting the feel of the arc.

But most of all, my form felt perfect. Its amazing how ingrained the mechanics of archery are in my body/mind. I used to shoot 3D archery back in its heyday on a national level, and I was a bowhunting fool.
However, im not the slightest bit tempted to do anything with the bow other than unstring it and hang it up to collect more dust.
Guns are way more fun to shoot.!

okieglock83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grabbed 10 underspined carbon arrows with vanes, which is ok, because I dont shoot off the shelf. The flat arc still surprised me a little bit and the first couple were high.

Heres the pic of my bow and arrows:

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_arrow1.jpg

Heres the view at 20yds:

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_arrow2.jpg

and here's the money shots:

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_arrow3.jpg

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_olyeller14_arrow4.jpg

As for my after action report:

I should have locked up my chessie, because he would pounce after the arrows after every shot. Also, my Copenhagen lip makes for a weird anchor point. Im pretty happy with this little test. The group is decent, 5 arrows hit the yellow, which is maybe 5-6", the other flyers were from lack of visual concentration and/or getting the feel of the arc.

But most of all, my form felt perfect. Its amazing how ingrained the mechanics of archery are in my body/mind. I used to shoot 3D archery back in its heyday on a national level, and I was a bowhunting fool.
However, im not the slightest bit tempted to do anything with the bow other than unstring it and hang it up to collect more dust.
Guns are way more fun to shoot.!

Not bad old man...ya know I tried pickin mine back up cause its a hell of a lot cheaper but unfortunately bows don't go bang!

Latest posts

Top Bottom