I am suspicious enough of the United States government

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You were on the Gates? I did some TAD on her at Norfolk to help the HM out.
Yep did work ups and the 1994 cruise. I was with the AirDet. I was assigned to HSL-44 Det 9. Set behind the USS George Wahington CVN-73 and watched the jets break over us while lining up for landing for 6 months.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep did work ups and the 1994 cruise. I was with the AirDet. I was assigned to HSL-44 Det 9. Set behind the USS George Wahington CVN-73 and watched the jets break over us while lining up for landing for 6 months.

Cool cool. I was on Lincoln in 89. Got sent TAD, went out for some quals for a couple weeks. Was pretty tight compared to the CVN. Steve Goodman was the Corpsman. Cool dude, dunno when he got off.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there is one thing that you can trust, it is the White House. If they say it, it is true.

All records may be sealed, but nothing to worry about.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool cool. I was on Lincoln in 89. Got sent TAD, went out for some quals for a couple weeks. Was pretty tight compared to the CVN. Steve Goodman was the Corpsman. Cool dude, dunno when he got off.
Loved the Destroyers and Cruisers so much more than the Carriers. Everything from chow lines to liberty and liberty ports.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loved the Destroyers and Cruisers so much more than the Carriers. Everything from chow lines to liberty and liberty ports.

Just a thought, but I'd imagine that they were more like a "small town" than the "small city" that a carrier has in the way of numbers of people. Much smaller and tight-knit organization. But hey, I was in the Army, so I'm basing this idea on the fact that I was primarily stationed at small bases. (One of those bases was in a pretty sucky place.)

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ships carry boats.

What we used to remind our aviators when headed out for their afternoon tours; "Ships don't fly, but planes (and helos) don't float." See ya in a couple of hours...

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it odd that they did what they did with the whole funeral thing. I could see him being alive. The way our government lies to us it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're not radical Islam, we don't parade or victims around. If he was indeed shot in the head you'll likely never see an official photo. Let the conspiracy continue.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a thought, but I'd imagine that they were more like a "small town" than the "small city" that a carrier has in the way of numbers of people. Much smaller and tight-knit organization. But hey, I was in the Army, so I'm basing this idea on the fact that I was primarily stationed at small bases. (One of those bases was in a pretty sucky place.)
I know what you mean. I was stationed on the island of Crete. NSA Souda Bay had 175 permanent party personnel. I was aviation but my roomate was a seebee and we partied with the black shoes. It was one of my best duty stations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom