I got a new car...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before you freak to much... go down to Walmart and get yourself a squeeze bottle of Turtle Wax Premium Rubbing Compound for about $6.

A few months ago, after a bad wind storm.. I noticed where a large section of a neighbor's patio roof had slid across the fender and hood of my Grand Marquis... damaging a 8" X 24" strip of paint. It was jagged piece of a rust red painted fiberglass that hit my car. I was very pissed. I thought it was going to have to be repainted. But I was always taught to start with the simple cures first and then move on to the more expensive solutions as needed.

I rubbed the compound on for only a few moments and the paint & scratches started coming right out. 20 minutes of rubbing & buffing and the damage was gone. Only one very small 1/2" place where if the light is at the right angle you can see a small blemish. It is worth a try.. all you would be out is about $6 and a little muscle. Just use a soft clean cloth.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before you freak to much... go down to Walmart and get yourself a squeeze bottle of Turtle Wax Premium Rubbing Compound for about $6.

A few months ago, after a bad wind storm.. I noticed where a large section of a neighbor's patio roof had slid across the fender and hood of my Grand Marquis... damaging a 8" X 24" strip of paint. It was jagged piece of a rust red painted fiberglass that hit my car. I was very pissed. I thought it was going to have to be repainted. But I was always taught to start with the simple cures first and then move on to the more expensive solutions as needed.

I rubbed the compound on for only a few moments and the paint & scratches started coming right out. 20 minutes of rubbing & buffing and the damage was gone. Only one very small 1/2" place where if the light is at the right angle you can see a small blemish. It is worth a try.. all you would be out is about $6 and a little muscle. Just use a soft clean cloth.

Definitely worth a try. I use and recommend Meguiar's ScratchX 2.0. It's a great polish, but regardless of what you choose technique is important. Only use clean microfiber (you can use terry cloth if that's all you have, but microfiber is preferable because of its tiny nap). Even better than microfiber is a microfiber polish/wax applicator. Make sure to use even pressure across the pad and don't press down with just your fingers or you risk this…

i23.photobucket.com_albums_b375_randy25rhoads_FingerMarks2.jpg

Patience and elbow grease could very well get it out. And after it does be sure to keep a steady coat of sealant on it (something like Meguiar's #21, Mother's Synthetic Wax, Chemical Guys JetSeal 109). A paint sealant will last much longer than traditional wax. Better yet coat your entire car with Opti-Coat 2.0.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That just really pisses me off. I don't even know you and that just bothers the hell out of me. I just don't understand people nowadays sometimes.

This ...

I now drive a beater Toyota truck (that I LOVE). GC has a 70 VW Bug and the old Suburban we have has some kind of ding or scratch in every panel/door on it because some drunk took it on a joy ride before we bought it.

WTF is wrong with people??

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the wife & i used to live in war acres (NW OKC) in some apartment complex i forget the name.

kids would shoot rocks and ball bearings at any new looking car with sling shots. got a hole in the windshield of my truck and several nasty dings in my wife's honda.

lots of rage.

parenting gone wrong en masse.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im one of those guys that will intentionally park next to a nice car out in the parking lot. But only because I know that I wont ding their doors, and they seem to care enough not to ding mine.

marvin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im one of those guys that will intentionally park next to a nice car out in the parking lot. But only because I know that I wont ding their doors, and they seem to care enough not to ding mine.

Well you can park next to me anytime!

Latest posts

Top Bottom