I hate Donuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Noticed I had a low tire after coming out of a restaurant, and yes it's raining. Got the donut spare tire out of the trunk and put it on, and dang thing was flat. My own fault for not making sure the donut spare in a 10 yr old car was inflated properly. Any way put the low tire back on in the rain and got it to a hibdons and had to buy a new tire.

And since I'm on the Donut topic, I got my first welcome to the Donut hole receipts today for being on Medicare. My Trulicity went from a $45 copay to $224 for 30 day supply and my eye drops went from $25 to $153 copay for 30 day supply. ☹️ I guess I shouldn't have got old this year

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Noticed I had a low tire after coming out of a restaurant, and yes it's raining. Got the donut spare tire out of the trunk and put it on, and dang thing was flat. My own fault for not making sure the donut spare in a 10 yr old car was inflated properly. Any way put the low tire back on in the rain and got it to a hibdons and had to buy a new tire.

And since I'm on the Donut topic, I got my first welcome to the Donut hole receipts today for being on Medicare. My Trulicity went from a $45 copay to $224 for 30 day supply and my eye drops went from $25 to $153 copay for 30 day supply. ☹️ I guess I shouldn't have got old this year
Welcome to my world. I hit the donut hole every year around June and it is a pain the rest of the year. Talk with your doc and maybe he can find a cheaper med for you. I told mine that he had to keep them as cheap as possible or I would have to stop taking them. So far he has worked with me and not pushed the "latest & greatest" crap on me.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now wait guys. Biden said he’s coming to your rescue and negotiating with Medicare on your behalf to lower the cost of 10 different drugs. What’s not being told is they’ll raise the cost on 20 others to make up the difference…..and then some. You never get something for nothing.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could join AAA and have road service and have to wait 2 hours before help arrives...
Been rescued by AAA more times than I can recall from being stuck, dead battery (which they replaced free of charge), flat tires, accidents and or breakdowns. They’ve always been there and well worth the wait in my opinion and experiences. Your mi may vary. 😁

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might inquire with your doc about switching from Trulicity to Moujaro. Trulicity became cost prohibitive for me (I could've afforded it, but dang it was expensive). Doc switched me to Mounjaro, and with the savings card from their website I'm at $25 for a 30 day supply. I also responded much better to Mounjaro than I did with Trulicity.

Everybody is different and results may vary, but you might see if that is a viable option for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom