I hate my life.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny thing is, I am self taught and they still bring them to me.

This one has been fun (not) something wiped out the boot sector of one HD and seems to have completely wiped her backup drive.

I do construction work and my family always asks ...Me ,whats wrong with their computer....??????

.I dont know ....let me get my hammer.... ;)

.Good For You

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get that all the time then they get a blank stare. I don't do micro computers. I do windows servers, storage arrays and IBM mini computers. I used to do networking as well but it's been so long if I had to subnet a network segment I'd have to google it.

I have a MacBook and iPhone for a reason. I like my end user experience to be uncomplicated and user friendly. I'm sick of android and windows.

You and me both! I've been out of it for about 10 years. Praise Jesus!

And unless without Steve Jobs Mac goes the road of MS I'm never leaving them.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You and me both! I've been out of it for about 10 years. Praise Jesus!

And unless without Steve Jobs Mac goes the road of MS I'm never leaving them.

Am I the only one who sees it as ironic that with surface touch screens MS windows 8 and the metro look is attempting to move into vertical hardware integration... Kinda like iOS and OSX... Which google tried with Android for phones, tablets, and chromebooks? I really really really wanted to love android, but it's just become such a hodgepodge mess that I don't want to spend time dorking with it. Even bone stock my wifes phone always had issues with the carrier provided rom, I had fewer issues running Cyanogen Mod but I still had some as well.

Joeh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carrier provided roms are horrible.

Flash the newest unbranded you can get for your phone and be amazed at how much better it is.

Frankly, I've moved on from Windows for everything but gaming. I'm up and running on a new Linux installation and I don't intend on leaving it. Virtual windows 7 for games when I want it, and that's good enough for me.

In linux my experience is as I dictate it to be. No more of the out of the box crap that someone thought was how I should experience it. I get my information quickly, and how I want it.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've spent HOURS trying to fix computers that aren't worth fixing. A few years back I convinced them all to just buy a prebuilt computer rather than keep trying to repair the old ones.

Nowadays I'm trying to convince people to buy a Mac.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually never try and repair(unless there is software installed that cant be easily reinstalled). I always recover the data and then wipe. I also hate telling people I am in IT, 75% of the time I get a question or request about a personal computer(theirs or a friend of theirs).

Yeah, tell me about it. As soon as people find out you're a doctor/lawyer/cop/bus driver or whatever, they complain and whine and ask questions until your ears bleed.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me- "Hello IT. My computer is broke. Can you send someone over to fix it?"
IT- "Sure. What seems to be the problem?"
Me- "Well, to start with, it has a bullet hole in it......"

Latest posts

Top Bottom