I Hate Skunks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got done getting rid of a skunk in my backyard. Woke up to the dog going insane,... crazy insane. She had already been sprayed 3-4 times trying to kill it. The damn thing was hiding behind my hose reel on the porch. First,.. I had to isolate the dog. Took her out to the shop to keep her away. Then killed the skunk with my pellet gun. Got sprayed, disposed of the body,.. hosed off the back porch from blood and God-Awful-Stench.

So now the house stinks,.. my wife is pissed because it woke her,... oh yea,.. and I got sprayed trying to kill that little bastard.

Worst of all it's only 3am and I'm now wide awake after only 3 hours of sleep. Saturday's gonna be real fun.

Anyway,.. thought I'd share my morning with all of you.

Skunks - 1,... Me - 0.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a mess of skunks here at work. I've seen 8 in one night, making my rounds in the gator. They really scared the tar out of me at first walking through the plant you would come around a corner and be right on top of one or be working in a building and one comes strutting in like he owns the place. BUT i guess that they are so used to seeing us around here they dont bother us. Not heard of anyone getting sprayed and one operator has been here since like '82 or '84 I think.

I throw rocks at 'em, helps the night shift go by out here all alone lol

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh it's more of a nuisance than anything else. If my damn dog would chill out for a minute, it would have been easier. Since she's so aggressive towards small animals like skunks, chickens, opossums, cats, etc,... I had to get her out of there before I shot it. She would have grabbed it and tore it up.

4 hours later and it still smells horrible. Headed to PetSmart when they open for some de-skunky stuff. And by the way,... tomato juice does nothing for skunk spray. I thought it did too until I read about it.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I end up trapping two or three dozen skunks every winter in bobcat traps. Couple a close calls but haven't been sprayed yet. Let me say yet again:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom