I hate to be that guy but.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MISph1t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an acquaintance that has a couple of S&W pistols that she is wanting to know the value of for possible sale.

They are a S&W 3913 and a S&W 908.

The 3913 she says is a women's specific model (Ladysmith?) Stainless with black grip. Only images I can find of the Ladysmith show a gray grip. Could be that it is a 3913NL.

The 908 is all black.

Would I be out of line telling her to ask $500-600 for the 3913 and $400-500 for the 908?

Would telling someone that has very limited knowledge of firearms to take them to a gun show to sell them be bad advice?

Thanks for any help/advice you can offer.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think that telling her to go to the gun show, and not going with her to make sure she gets a fair deal would be a bad idea. Not knowing anything about the guns, she could very easily get talked out of money with "OH, that's not this model, this one is worth much less" or "this is one that isn't made any longer and is only worth this, not that much" Not saying that our fine OSA members would do that, but there are such people out there.

Take some pictures of them for her and post them on the classifieds with a fair price.

Just my $0.02.

MISph1t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't post guns that are yours on the classifieds...Just a heads up.

Yeah, I don't want to be involved in selling them. I just want to be able to give a non-gun person good advise.

I told her about $400-500 on the 3913 and about $350 on the 908.

As far as selling, I advised her to contact H & H or Heartland and ask them what her best course of action was.

If I had the cash, I would buy the 3913.

Thanks for the input guys.