I have a Co-Witness question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am putting a Aimpoint COMP M3 on my S&W AR-15. I have a set of YHM flip up BUIS on the rifle right now. I will be using a set of Larue Tactical cantilever mounts and per that have been told it should offer a lower 1/3 Co-witness.

Has anyone done a setup like this, is there anything I should be aware of or to watch out for. I did some reading on setting up the BUIS and Co-Witnessing through a non magnified scope. Now that this is going to be a lower 1/3 CoWit I want to make sure I understand and set everything up correctly.

Any words of advice anyone care to offer?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lower third is preferred because it obscures less of the target area through the optic. You can always drop your view a little and use the irons through the tube. If the red dot is still on, it will sit right on top of the front post.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lower third is preferred because it obscures less of the target area through the optic. You can always drop your view a little and use the irons through the tube. If the red dot is still on, it will sit right on top of the front post.

This.

Oh and don't put your BUIS on backwards, or people will ridicule you for it :)

Here's some pics of a couple of mine - trust me, lower 1/3 co-witness is what you want and congrats on going with LaRue - you won't be disappointed.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom