I have the stomach bug How long does it last?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need to get your immune system into shape!

Some of us aren't 22 anymore.

I found that a rude awakening a couple years ago. I had dislocated my shoulder while working in Phoenix. Worker's Comp allows you to choose whatever Doctor you wish so I chose the Phoenix Suns team doctor as he was a respected orthopedic surgeon. Well, some NBA player I don't remember, had dislocated his shoulder on the same day but was back playing after just 3 or 4 weeks. I still only had like 50% range of motion. I asked him why this was. He said: "Number 1, he's a professional athlete, and number 2, he isn't 42 years old." Rude, rude awakening.

Barsoom

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions and support... Im better now... the bad stuff lasted about 12 hours... after reading the post above I remembered we had some of that promethazine gel... (wish I remembered a few hours earlier)... works wonders.

After 24 hours you can still feel the sickness in your system....you running about 90%....

Still deciding if I should take off work tomorrow....?? Any doc here know the time period I can still pass it on?

I hear now that this bug is making the rounds here in Oklahoma and Missouri.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can only pass it on 6 hours after symptoms appear (in most cases, it's typically most infectious before symptoms appear which is why they are so easy to give and catch).

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just went through my house and it was no fun. About a day and a half from exposure to pure hell. At least it was fast, short lived and is now gone.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife called me Monday afternoon to report she had it and was checking on me. At that point, I was fine. Within two hours of arriving home, I was praying to the porcelain god and later had the runs along with a slight fever with body aches. By noon yesterday, I was able to have some toast and tea after consuming only Gatorade G2 (lower sugar) for 18 hours. Last night I was able to attend a function where prime rib was served and I had no problem with it.

Based on my experience, it can be as short as 24 hours, depending on your immune system.

Latest posts

Top Bottom