Freaking neighbors!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with everything you said, no problems at all with any of these things that would happen.

Talked to “freaking neighbors” adjuster and neighbor told him his fences aren’t great but they’re not that bad. Adjuster asked if I could get pics of neighbors fence. I walked less than 100 yards and found at least 4 places where wires were pushed almost to the ground by tree limbs, another place where wires were off the T post and separated wide apart and one place whEre multiple wires are broke and have been so long they’re rusted.
Get closeups of the rusted ends and do it by"zooming" in. Get an overall shot, then walk closer, then closer, then the closeup ends of the wires. All of these are for perspective and make the rusty wire part of the scene not just a wire you took a photo of.

Those pictures will be your best evidence of the condition of the fence and the time it took to get rusted.

Better yet, try to get pictures of the cattle breaking in or out of the fence.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have cows. I had 1 that had a propensity of walking through fences. It didn't take much to walk him into the freezer.

Only time I had cows on the highway, Sheriff notified me, about 7:30 pm.
I get to the pasture and Sheriff Deputy sitting in patrol car with lights on. A wrecker dragging a car out of my pasture. About 50 yards of fence tore down.

Talking to wrecker driver, around 5:15, jackwad sees Hi-Po behind him, Jack wad is drinking and weaving. Hi-Po lights him up and jackwad takes off. Between 90 & 100 mph, jackwad looses control and goes through my fence, tries to run away. Hi-Po called Sheriff and wrecker. Jackwad is cuffed and stuffed. DUI, underage, no DL, no insurance, not his car.

Deputy arrives, wrecker arrives, Hi-Po transport jackwad. Deputy is going through car, throughing empties in my pasture. Cows show up. Deputy runs to his car and watches.

Wrecker driver pushes cows back, none ever got out. He hooks up car, that is standing on rear bumper, front end up a tree.

I ended up repairing / replacing close to 1/2 mile of fence, AT MY EXPENCE.

Show up in court, with pics, to talk to Judge, at sentencing. I got NOTHING. Was told to sue his single Mom for damages. Said I wasn't suing her for having a dumb ass son. I would sue dumbass. Judge says, "go ahead, he will be out in 5 years. Good luck."

Shiite happens. Good luck.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Show up in court, with pics, to talk to Judge, at sentencing. I got NOTHING. Was told to sue his single Mom for damages. Said I wasn't suing her for having a dumb ass son. I would sue dumbass. Judge says, "go ahead, he will be out in 5 years. Good luck."

Shiite happens. Good luck.
Believe I would have asked the judge to send him out to “work it off” during that 5 years instead of sitting on his ass in the ac in lockup.
Just during the day, send him back at night to sleep with the convicts.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a noun, yes, as a color, it's red. As an adjective, it’s a rouge (red) NOUN. Francais no less. vin rouge or whatever silliness my sister says...red wine. So calling the calf a "rouge calf" that means it's a red calf like Clifford the dog red.

You know what purple is but I should have said something silly like Iris, and Chartreuse, well, that's bright almost fluorescent green. Yay, color lesson.

What are the five base colors in painting/art? I'll send you a cherry dum dum if you get it right without google and in the next 3 minutes. Time now 2109

One minute

Time's up

I guess maybe you don't know that some of us don't worry about being in tune with your every word. Thus, there was no way I could have seen your post within the 3 minutes.

But then, I doubt anyone is in tune with mine either.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe I would have asked the judge to send him out to “work it off” during that 5 years instead of sitting on his ass in the ac in lockup.
Just during the day, send him back at night to sleep with the convicts.
Only if I could treat him like a lazy mule. My 15' whip has a way of "energizing" them. Some take longer to charge than others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I guess maybe you don't know that some of us don't worry about being in tune with your every word. Thus, there was no way I could have seen your post within the 3 minutes.

But then, I doubt anyone is in tune with mine either.
It's not that I don't know, it's that I don't really care too much.

You can still answer, you just don't get a cherry dum dum, lol

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AMAZING NEWS: the adjuster called this morning saying freaking neighbor did find a calf that was limping in his pasture.

Now the insurance company is sending out a field agent to check on the condition of neighbors fence. Adjuster said if the fence shows like what was in the pics I sent to him then we might get the green light to move forward.

He said we’re not there yet but maybe in a few days we’ll know more.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope you have Full Coverage. He is not responsible unless you prove negligence on his fence maintenance. It’s damn near impossible to get anywhere with hitting livestock and such.

I’d say that you have a case if his cattle are getting out on a regular basis. Good luck!

Talk about biting the hand that feeds. Glad the dept. of ag doesn't have the same view as some of you. Yeah, to a point it's free range. I am 15 minutes sw of Enid. No roads crossing cattle guards. And my butt is protected by the state. The only way I would be at fault is if I was a documented nuisance. As in cattle out quite often and multiple reports with OHP. $#it happens that producers can't control. I have fricken oil well pumpers leaving gates open all the time. Had some cattle get on the road about a month ago because the gate post snapped in half. It was just it's time to go. And then there's hot fence. Real popular with cattle on wheat in the winter in my area. We use it on land we rent. Usually the owner is too big of a tight a$$ to put up 5 strand barb wire. We aren't going to invest thousands in fencing in something we might not be farming in the foreseeable future. Get a winter storm at night that knocks out the power, and the hot fence is dead. Cattle crowd the downwind side of fences in storms. Some are going to push through and be out. Have to wait till morning to put them back in. They can't see worth a hoot at night. Now if someone has cattle out all the time, he needs to be called in to the highway patrol. He's just being a lazy sack that is giving us guys that give a damn a bad reputation.
In my experience I agree with these ^ guys and some others. The only cattle owners I’ve seen be held responsible are the ones that have been proven negligent. I’m not a big fan of calling the law every time someone has cattle out but there comes a time when enough is enough.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most honest cattle owners will try to work with you knowing from time to time under no neglect from them that his cattle will get out from time to time, its those few that thinks because they have cattle that they get to rule everything around them and do what they want and cant get blamed for anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom