Should I call the cops?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you haven't already please report. The police can sort it out from there. It appears that dog dumping has been an issue as of late, examples should be made so that people will stop dumping them and find families that will love their former pets.

The economy is crap and the cost of pet ownership is going way up. I think too many think owning a dog will be fun, kids will love it, and think it won't cost us much at all. There are those that are barely responsible for themselves, yet they think pet ownership will help. If I can't afford to feed or cloth my kids though, Fido has to go. Unfortunately I really think there are those that think it will be better for the dog since it is not a death sentence like taking one to an animal shelter. They feel others will take up the slack.

I get it, dogs and pets are precious and want and provide love, but they are a huge responsibility. I really hate those that don't have enough land or a safe place for their pet and get the largest dog they feel they can afford and wonder how the dog busted through their 15 y/o rotted stockade fence.

The pet owners in the city that have cats and let them out at night are almost as bad. Cats can get hit by a car, or eaten by a larger predatory dog, owl, hawk or coyote or may not return, after all, they are cats. At one house we lived in it the woman across the street would regularly let her cat out and it would Jackson Pollack our front yard flowers and monkey grass (cat had to have a bad diet or IBD.) The woman next to her was worse, she'd let her dogs out to do their business on other's lawns.

Pets are a blessing, do they deserve the same rights and privileges as a human? That is debatable. People should be good stewards of their animals, that is lacking in today's society.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched a guy abandon 2 adult dogs in my neighborhood. No way I'm wrong about what was happening, because they ran all the way down the street trying to get back to him as he drove away. AND...he was leading them in the direction of major traffic and the highway.

Should I bother calling the police? Will they do anything if I got pictures of his tag? USPCA? Should I do anything at all, or am I just being emo about it? ****ing POS.
Yes. Call the ASPCA and animal welfare, the popo, and the local Animal shelter. Post that MF's sh*t all over social media too. FB and twitter for sure. Repost it 3 times a day. Post it in FB market and on the local PD and county sheriff's pages. They won't be able to back down from the uproar.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be warned if you use your cell phone for evidence of a crime the cops may need it to make the case and it could be months before you get it back. I guess this is still true they covered this when I trained almost 20 years ago.
I think that most departments have the ability to transfer a video from your phone to a medium the district attorney could use if necessary. You would probably be called to testify as to what you saw when making the video.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you haven’t yet report the POS
Pet dumpers are right up there with thieves just scum needing to be scrapped off the earth
They are much worse than thief’s. I put them up there with rapists. They deserve to be put in the dirt. I love animals so much, especially dogs. Makes me fuming mad and sick at the same time when I see a stray dog. I wish I could save them all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom