I love my new pocket 9mm - Rohrbaugh R9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you like yours...I have the same report.

Shoots surprisingly good for such a small 9mm. Built like a watch..

It's worth the $$$

They are neat pocket pistols there's no denying that. The design is a good one and the craftsmanship is top notch. But in my opinion they are not worth the money. In fact, I feel they are quite over priced for what you are getting. I don't own one, but I have fired over 100 rounds through one and have also completely disassembled it.

Things I liked:
Trigger. Best trigger in the pocket pistol category. Long but very smooth. Break is crisp. The PM9 and DB9 are right behind it though.
Fit and Finish is awesome
Accurate
Slim profile and comfortable in the pocket

Cons:
Definitely not 100% reliable (finicky with ammo)
Not the lightest Pocket 9 out there
Price....
Mag release does take getting used to
Do not like the recoil spring assembly. Slow to install back in the gun. And you have to replace the springs every 200-300 rounds.
Not a range toy (the PM9 or DB9 can be)
Does not run well dirty. Which concern me as it is a pocket pistol. (lint, dirt, or what ever else is in your pockets)

IMO the R9 is more of a novelty item than a dedicated carry handgun, although a very nice one. It is what it is. Knock 300 off the price tag and I would be a lot more forgiving to the design.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not had any issues with the 3 types of ammo that I've run. Replacing a spring when I clean it is no issue to me.

The price is a non-issue either...

I always love strong opinions from people that have never even owned the gun in question....but that's how Internet rumors get started.

They are neat pocket pistols there's no denying that. The design is a good one and the craftsmanship is top notch. But in my opinion they are not worth the money. In fact, I feel they are quite over priced for what you are getting. I don't own one, but I have fired over 100 rounds through one and have also completely disassembled it.

Things I liked:
Trigger. Best trigger in the pocket pistol category. Long but very smooth. Break is crisp. The PM9 and DB9 are right behind it though.
Fit and Finish is awesome
Accurate
Slim profile and comfortable in the pocket

Cons:
Definitely not 100% reliable (finicky with ammo)
Not the lightest Pocket 9 out there
Price....
Mag release does take getting used to
Do not like the recoil spring assembly. Slow to install back in the gun. And you have to replace the springs every 200-300 rounds.
Not a range toy (the PM9 or DB9 can be)
Does not run well dirty. Which concern me as it is a pocket pistol. (lint, dirt, or what ever else is in your pockets)

IMO the R9 is more of a novelty item than a dedicated carry handgun, although a very nice one. It is what it is. Knock 300 off the price tag and I would be a lot more forgiving to the design.

Retops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like my R9s and obviously I think it was worth the admission price. I carry it daily in my front pocket. The quality of build is obvious and I really like the trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom