I love old Chevy trucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlBrownTruck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I could I would still own a 65 Chevy pickup with the old straight six and the shifter on the column. Heat old trucks except for the shift linkage getting stuck every now and then. Of course then you had the fun of jumping out of the truck with a hammer, popping, reaching in and giving the linkage a whack, slam the hood and drive off.

Or you can have some fun and make a production of it. Install a couple bins under the hood. (Plenty of room) Place some old engine parts in the bins. Next time the linkage sticks do as normal but also beat under the hood with the hammer a bit. Then start pulling the old engine parts out and tossing them in the back of the truck. People just love to see some fool jump out, beat the engine in his truck and start throwing an alternator, maybe a cylinder or two, what ever you can lay your hands on, then jump back in your truck and drive off.

Not that I have ever known anybody to do that of course. :bolt:
I knew a guy who did something like that on his stock car. He rigged up an oil can with a line that ran down to the exhaust headers. About mid race, he would open the valve. The oil hitting the headers would smoke like crazy. He would stop, jump out and raise the hood, dig around the engine, then come up with an old piston and connecting rod. Throw it in the cockpit, slam the hood down, jump back in and off he goes! Pretty funny!

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20200907_111441~3.jpg

Here is my old Chevy. Ol' Blue.

I'm a Mopar guy ever since I can remember. Never thought I'd own another brand, unless I got a good deal on a Toyota.
That being said, this truck is pretty much a family heirloom, my grandparents bought it in March of 1970. It's been passed & traded down thru the brothers & sisters & did not get any better throughout the trading of hands. When my mom inquired about it, I told her that if she got it, I would restore it.
It's a highly optioned 57 Chevy 3100. Original 265 V8 now with a 4 spd on the floor.
It took 4 years to rebuild, It doesn't get the greatest fuel milage, but even though I have other vehicles (Mopars) I can drive on weekends, I do enjoy driving this beast whenever I can.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 351232

I'm a Mopar guy ever since I can remember. Never thought I'd own another brand, unless I got a good deal on a Toyota.
That being said, this truck is pretty much a family heirloom, my grandparents bought it in March of 1970. It's been passed & traded down thru the brothers & sisters & did not get any better throughout the trading of hands. When my mom inquired about it, I told her that if she got it, I would restore it.
It's a highly optioned 57 Chevy 3100. Original 265 V8 now with a 4 spd on the floor.
It doesn't get the greatest fuel milage. But even though I have other vehicles (Mopars) I can drive on weekends, I do enjoy driving this beast whenever I can.
Sweet

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 351232

It doesn't get the greatest fuel milage. But even though I have other vehicles (Mopars) I can drive on weekends, I do enjoy driving this beast whenever I can.
Best truck iv‘e seen in a while. Congrats.

OlBrownTruck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 351232

That's really sharp. I love those old Chevys. I had a great aunt and uncle across the road from where I lived as a kid. They had an old 58' sitting against their back fence that I wanted so bad I could taste it. My dad kept telling me, "you don't need that old piece of junk." I don't know what ever became of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom