I need some legal help..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bad situation, I'm no lawyer so could be wrong (I hope) but think your dad is SOL. Wife managed a mobile home park for a couple years and we saw it all. Might talk to the leaseholder to work out a deal to buy it (again) they typically don't want it back and might take an offer. They would have to pay to have it moved and storage till it's sold so will normally settle for allot less than bluebook. At least he might be able to not have to move.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do have a signed bill if sale, the VIN # of the mobile home does NOT match the VIN # to the title that is in my dads name. We have had this for over 3 years now, with no problems, and now we find this out.

This guy is a career crook, there is no telling how many people that he has ripped off, and now he and his wife are MIA. The wife just had a warrant for arrest issued.

I hope this can get resolved without us having to find a new home, or paying another $33K for the one that we already have

That Bill Of Sale means nothing if the Vin on the RV does not match the Vin on the Title. Im no lawyer but I don't see this turning out good, your dad got hassled. That sucks because that woman suing will most likely win and take the RV.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That Bill Of Sale means nothing if the Vin on the RV does not match the Vin on the Title. Im no lawyer but I don't see this turning out good, your dad got hassled. That sucks because that woman suing will most likely win and take the RV.

It is a double wide trailer, and the lady has her trailer, we just have the title to hers, it is in my dads name, but we have never even seen the trailer that we have the title to. she is not going to sue, we will gladly give her the title to her trailer.

And your right the bill of sale will mean nothing, the guy did write a partial VIN # on the bill of sale, but it does not match the VIN on our mobile home, or it even doesn't match the VIN # to the title that we do have.

My dad is calling that lawyer that Monkey refered me right now.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well we go before the judge on Tuesday.

The Attorney that MyMonkey refered us to, helped out alot. He was able to tell us some things that we can do, so that the mobile home wont be repoed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom