I require knowledge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think mines the f1 bought it second hand for like $50 on here.

I wanted one but didn't want to spend a ton on something you shoot at/through that could be potentially ruined first time out.

Ain't shot it yet! ;p if I do I'll get another one of the f1 or similar

Sent via message in a bottle

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think mines the f1 bought it second hand for like $50 on here.

I wanted one but didn't want to spend a ton on something you shoot at/through that could be potentially ruined first time out.

Ain't shot it yet! ;p if I do I'll get another one of the f1 or similar

Sent via message in a bottle
I can shoot it for ya haha. Jk

Sent from the Armory

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The basic Caldwell with output feature was on sale (but OOS) at Midway in December for $70, regular price is $75. Still the cheapest chrono they have listed. Checked Brownells, Natchez, MidSouth; same story.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The United States spent a million dollars developing an ink pen that writes in zero gravity.

The Russians sent their cosmonaut into space with a pencil.

Basis of the story is that most chrony's are somewhat equal until you get into the really high end models. The phone/computer accessory's are neat, and take a little work out of it, but don't forget the pencil, paper, and basic math skills do the same thing.

Or that pencil lead/graphite is conductive and isn't the kind of thing you'd like floating around a very sensitive space capsule miles above earth when it breaks off. We used pencils too, until Apollo 1 caught fire and made them nervous about having the astronauts carry something that could potentially start another fire.

I suppose that doesn't make as good of a story though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom