I wactched Doomsday Preppers for he first time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, no ... yeah ... they think they are the only sane ones in the bunch. I've met some folks that could very easily rival anything you'd see on Doomsday Preppers. Takes all kinds I guess ... For the life of me I can't figure out why, but that's what "they" say, so it must be true ... :scratch:

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of them don't seem to be half bad plans as a whole, but I look at all of their preps the same way I look at recipes online. There isn't one perfect recipe, but you can pick and choose individual steps from each recipe and piece together your perfect meal, just like you can pick and choose individual steps from episodes and preppers and form your perfect plan.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the one guys fake section in his wall was what got me. When he said "nobody will even know it's not real" I started cracking up. It looked very fake even on tv. Plus the guys "battling" the full size dodge truck with their atvs was amusing too.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the past, they've covered some pretty self-sufficient families. I've liked their stories better than the armored-vehicle-building, commando Rambo types.

But, remember, this whole series began as a study in fringe people. I think it was part of a series called American Outliers. So, first and foremost, this series was produced to search out odd-balls and portray their plans as silly. They do this subtly. I'm not knocking the show and watch it each time. But, I don't think it was meant for actual preppers to watch and learn from.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've watched it twice, and made mental notes about how easy any of their "fortifications" could be breached in short order. Even the underground ones. Not for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom