Identifying year made on an AK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to id the year made if one doesn't have the book of manufacturer's/ which is fairly thick I was told?

Century Arms Int is the main importer, but somehow the customer service is out, and figured somebody on here might have a website or background on identifying years made.

Maybe on all firearms there's a helpful place....

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to id the year made if one doesn't have the book of manufacturer's/ which is fairly thick I was told?

Century Arms Int is the main importer, but somehow the customer service is out, and figured somebody on here might have a website or background on identifying years made.

Maybe on all firearms there's a helpful place....
Like Judi said. Need pictures and the number.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just have a serial number, no markings whatsoever on it.
I did read where WASR made post ban were a bunch of different rifles slapped together using different parts to make one AKM.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just have a serial number, no markings whatsoever on it.
I did read where WASR made post ban were a bunch of different rifles slapped together using different parts to make one AKM.
If it is a WASR then it could be the first two or last two numbers denoting the year. There is usually a dash. Like 99-12345 or 12345-99. That would give you your year. If it was a parts gun that was made it depends on who made the new receiver. Being a rebuild not sure how you could date that. Back to a parts gun, Romanian demilled AKMs uses either the hole year and a dash like 1969-12345 or they also use 12345-69. I bring up Romania because WASRs are Romanian manufactured.

Latest posts

Top Bottom