Idpa multigun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was interested in this until I read "no detachable box magazines" in the shotty rules. I guess me and my Saiga will have to stay home!! (since that is what is waiting for you behind my door. plus the 14 rounds of 00!!!!!)

Sagais are great for USPSA and Outlaw 3 gun yet we have not seen one of them at the 5 or 6 OKC gun club matches yet. Where have you been?

shootingbuff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are the rules for anyone that wants to read them...

IDPA 3 Gun Rules

Not that I won't shoot IPDA multi gun if its available. Any multi gun is more fun than a one gun match. But IDPA just limits the shooting fun more so than Outlaw or USPSA which is a bummer.

Or TSA. If they(IDPA) are worried about folks not being able to travle over 15yds then lv it up to the club MD to design stages for its members and look at the cowboy shoots - young and old a kickin and a gettin. geez
:soldiers:
sb

shootingbuff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it sounds like many have missed the purpose of beginning a stage with a set number of rounds.
How are you going to practice dealing with a malfunction? I agree that no one would purposely begin a gunfight with only 3 rounds in their weapon, especially when they had a full one on them or nearby. During the close to 3 years I have been running the Practical Match, I have seen numerous malfunctions and haven't once heard someone say "I knew that was going to happen". I can't speak for IDPA DMG, but the whole purpose of the Practical Rifle Match is to give the opportunity to practice when Murphy is along for the ride.
Dave

Actually it is amazing at the number of folks who don't chamber check or otherwise check to see if a round is in the chamber at the start of a stage and likewise forget to top of or load to div between stages. These folks walk a wide range of skill sets and include LEOs and military. I have seen soldiers start a patrol without a mag inserted and chamber loaded. Not saying I have seen it all but I have seen some really unsmart things. Heck how many people have low air in their tires and run out of gas or forget to charge their phones?

If you are working skills I see nothing wrong but as a shooter I want the stage requirements to make sense. It is less likely for me to hand my brain to the SO if the stage makes more sense than not. :teach:

shootingbuff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:eek:
a tricked out 10 shot Winchester SX3"

Oh those are for sailors baby...yeah

( better to pick on Benellis as there are only 3-4 trick SX3s and most of those don't run real well, besides for the same length a Benelli with a 22" barrel will hold 11 instead of the measly 10 for an SX3)

Just an observation, no matter what you limit the shotgun to in capacity the guy who can load it the fastest will always win. There is no level playing field, it is always up hill for someone!

"But how many people do you see in USPSA or Outlaw Multi-Gun with several thousand dollars worth of gear and a cool shirt with logos plastered all over it, who can't shoot for crap? " HEY you been spying on me again??? As I have always said...I can't shoot but man can I type!:laugh6:

Man you are giving out secrets. I like folks to think they have the best new fangled do-hicky that will improve their scores by at least 10 fold. lol A bud picked up a SX2/3 (whatever) a short while back now thanks it is the creme a la creme.

Ok everything has its advantages or draw backs real or not. Shoot what one feels all warm with.

Reloads on the SG will make a big difference as well as recoil manangment. However one still needs to know their choke and ammo especially if using, shot, Buck, and slugs.

Man I think the SG is the hardest to get a handle on but I like em for that very reason:blahblah: lol

sb

Latest posts

Top Bottom