If money was no issue where would you retire to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most likely stay right where I am. We will do some traveling.
Surprisingly, I just sold my 160 acres. The 2 houses, in town, is more than can I manage. Grandson moved into 2nd house and is doing a lot of upkeep.

Wif has been wanting me to put down a new kitchen floor. I keep putting it off.
Yesterday, she and daughter decided they would do it. Stood around looking and discussing, for 30 minutes.
I told them to start by taking up baseboards and where the pry bar was.
Nothing was ever done.

I always thought the ideal would be a summer home on a mountain lake and a winter home on the beach in South Texas. Of course, the Pedo allowed invasion has squelched that thought. Maybe upper, west Florida panhandle?
Wif wants to go to Belize, Puerto Rico, Bermuda, Grand Cayman. I could probably find a fishing opportunity.
With lake 15 minutes away and my boat, I'm happy right here.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d just roam wherever. I like many types of terrain and weather for different reasons. All have pros and cons. I’d just buy whatever place I felt like being at that time. When the mood hit to relocate I’d grab my box of never ending money and roam on until I got to a spot I liked again. I’m a guy that wants to die with his boots on so the idea of picking a spot to rot wouldn’t appeal to me IF money were no object.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have kids in elementary school so I still have a lot of time to decide. I imagine right here in Coweta when the time comes to be near the kids and grandkids. Assuming they all stay here. Otherwise I can see us finding a spot near Destin but away from the touristy areas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom