Well I've Gone and Done It

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today is my first day of retirement.

Now I just need a little side gig to have some gun money. :D
GREAT! I have been retired for 20 years this year, and once I figured out we would not starve, enjoyed every day!! Don't forget, the first dollar earned above your retirement income is already in a high tax bracket!! I got a call not long after I retired, to work on a cntract doing the same thing I did at work, BIG MONEY, I told them they couldn't afford me, and havn't been a contacted since, and havn't regreated it yet!

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations!! Make the most of your free time, or chill, whenever you want. I'm going to leave the rat-race in a few years and spend more of my time fighting hogs and black locust in OK between deer seasons :-)

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations to you my friend,,,
I retired from Oklahoma State University 28 months ago.

After a year I took a part-time job at my liquor store,,,
Two nights a week to cover the payment on the new car I had to buy.

Dang deer took out my paid-for Nissan,,,
The side gig is just enough to make the payment.

in any event I do hope you keep busy with something,,,
I know way too many people who retired and just grew moss on their feet.

Aarond

Tried to get a job at the local liquor store after I retired as a taste tester, but they weren’t hiring at the time.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations on retirement. I did mine 13 years ago (doesn’t seem like that long ago) but it has been great. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Enjoy whatever you have planned or unplanned for the future, just live it as you wish.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad u made it man- I find retirement to be more enjoyable than work- I have been in sales for about 45 years and still work, kinda, as a Realtor. I do get a listing here and there and sale one now and then, but I mostly do drive by BPO's which is a mini appraisal for homes in distress or maybe someone wants to get their PMI removed, or occasionally it is for a home equity loan or something along that line. Usually, they give you 2-4 days to get it in and you choose rather you want to do it or not. I also manage a rental home for one of my older customers with helps with a little gun money. once in a while I do a deed for someone wanting to change the ownership on a home. Little here- little there. I did get more into the Masons and charity work, which all together is some to do, but only if I want to. I often think if I had worked this hard on the job, I might have a little more, but what the heck- I need to quit looking up a horse's butt to see what killed it.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took my watch off the day i retired and have yet to put it back on time means nothing now days, sleep when your sleepy wake up when your rested and eat when your hungry.
Same here. Retired 16 years ago when I reached the age of 57. Most of the time now I don't even know what day of the week it is 😂 and though the initial adjustment from a working-life routine was a bit difficult with a new job of trying to keep busy, I did eventually adjust well enough to never want to go back to [four-letter cuss word] actual work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom