If not one thing it is another.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad it won't start, old time alternators would be slightly magnetic on the back if working. Haven't tried a modern one. Battery won't charge with a charger? was it showing charge with the battery charger? sometimes the clamps don't make good contact. If it is a new battery and the charger doesn't charge, it could be charged fully and you may have other problems that will not let the starter engage. Faulty ground circuit?

No start condition requires process of elimination. Everyone should own a multimeter and even a cheap chinesium battery load tester.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did get the car to start by setting the charger to jump. It is now in the garage and appears to be taking a charge now.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They can be bad but I would get both tested, preferably by a mechanic/shop/parts store that you trust isn't just wanting to sell you new stuff, before I began replacing parts.
I purchased a new battery at BIG O"s in Mustang a couple of months ago.....drove home and the battery was dead the next day.....they came out to my home and replaced the battery and I haven't had a issue since......new batteries can be bad right off the shelf....!!!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
girl-mechanics-500-2-sexy_mechanicwtmk.jpg
girl-mechanics-500-girl-mechanicwtmk.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Careful, if those gals were to show up it might put Rick in the hospital again! By their actions, or his wife's! 😅
Soon as I win the lotto I plain to buy some classic cars. I will have to hire a couple mechanics like them to keep my cars in top condition. Right now I would have them change the alternator as I sat back and watched. Closely! :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom