If one were to buy em are eez...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onslow

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes, You are...

So helpful.

Since you all are so lost on the subject,
Check out mreinfo.com

It will explain the TTI and inspection dates.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You will be surprised what is edible.
Some people prep their bodies to eat rotted food I refer to that as Y2K compliant stomach..
So i feel it depends on how strong your body and immune system is as to when something is considered trash.

They say not to eat uncooked grasshoppers or muscles from a pond raw...I am here to tell you i have eaten them in plenty.
also june bugs..and scorpions..all raw...June bugs taste like butter BTW
Scorpion is tasty ..but remove end of tail..and insert into mouth and crush head quickly with your molars so the pincers do not get you......

So yea the question..food in a bag or bugs in the field..HHHMMM which one will make me sick first.
Only thing that gave me food poisoning was an alligator snapping turtle....I under cooked it...Treat those like pork or pay the piper on that one...
Enjoy your next meal!

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're not lost, and can be very helpful when you don't act like a jackwagon. I'm sure many of us have MRE's, I personally don't worry about the dates on them.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In terms of eating them, I don't care much about the TTI...10-15 years after the inspection date is fine with me as long as the container is intact and not bulging.

But I wouldn't pay hard earned cash for expired or bad TTI'd rations. I'd just by freeze dried or some other commercial options.

JGreen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally think they are decent, but apparently that is just me. I have a buddy who is in the military and he gets a ton of them from other guys on base. So he will sell them dirt cheap or even give em away.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've gone to great lengths to make sure em are eezzz are an absolute last resort around here. I've never tasted anything out of one that was palatable and did anything for me other than actively engage my gag reflex. GC likes them, and will eat them when he gets stuck at work, or when he's out hunting, so we have more than a few. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose ...

Onslow

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some of you are talking about freeze dried foods.
I don't believe the current .mill MRE's are freeze dried.
I believe their recent studies have driven the .mil away from freeze dried rations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom