Electric smokers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smokers are like everything else, and everyone thinks whatever they have is the best there is. Since I’ve only had one and don’t have a frame a reference to compare, all I can say is that I love my Masterbuilt 560. :thumb:

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1702990465488.png

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a Cookshack, and a knockoff, both were purchased used and functioned fine and produced good food. I have several friends that have Masterbuilts, they also have functioned fine for the cost and did a good job. The Cookshack and knockoffs are tanks, heavy, solid cases, seal well. The masterbuilt is not built the same way, will give you several years of service though.

There are a bunch of them on marketplace, including a cookshack in Owasso for $300.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Masterbuilt electric smoker about 6 years ago at Lowe’s for the lake house. It has been great and I haven’t had any trouble with it. Set it and go. The one I have doesn’t have WiFi but does have a remote so that I can check the temp and time without having to go out to the smoker.
I will be buying another one whenever this one dies.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of these homemade cured products start at very low temps like 140° or close to it and progresses in stages so it needs to be pretty accurate with holding temperatures. With me butchering my own animals I'll need a pretty good capacity at times.
I grew up with a smoke house. I still have the old thermometer that would jab into the meat. Now it's rocket science...but it sure is easy!

Latest posts

Top Bottom