Illegal to have a gun in my home?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jphillipw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I posted this in the wrong section earlier. Anyone want to help me out with this one? Thanks..

Check this out

"c. any property adjacent to a structure, building, or office space in which concealed weapons are prohibited by the provisions of this section,"

The house my fiance and I are buying backs up to an elementary school. After our fence, the school property starts. Does this mean I can't even have a gun in my home? (we are both CCW holders)

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the section which you quoted up there is Title 21 section 1277. subsection A pertains to where you CANNOT carry (including schools). Subsection B of that same section (which is where i think your quote was coming from) specifically EXCLUDES your property because it is adjacent to a school. In fact, all of subsection B are places that are specifically excluded from prohibited carry, so it appears that you are fine.

Also, read the "castle doctrine" portion of the OSDA if you are concerned about having a gun in your house.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The school gun free zone law is a federal law that has numerous exceptions for existing state laws. You can have a firearm in your home as long as it is legal under state laws (i.e. you are not a convicted felon).

Latest posts

Top Bottom