Illinois Court says Auto Console = Cased

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't aware of this case, but today the Illinois Supreme Court ruled that the center console of a vehicle satisfies the state's requirement for a firearm to be stored in a 'case'.

Seems a guy was sentenced to 2.5 years for having a firearm unloaded in his center console....overturned now.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=3811

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can remember a few years back IL gun owners made some news by arguing that a fanny pack was a "case" specifically made to transport a firearm and therefore they could carry in the case. Can't remember how that turned out.

Good for them.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, this one expanded on that I guess, and the Supreme Court ruled that the way the law is written, the "case" does not have to be exclusively manufactured for firearms and it does not have to be portable. Good stuff!

rogue22

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, this one expanded on that I guess, and the Supreme Court ruled that the way the law is written, the "case" does not have to be exclusively manufactured for firearms and it does not have to be portable. Good stuff!

Can't get that link to open anyone got another link for this?

Latest posts

Top Bottom