I'm in Trouble!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am in trouble with my brother. He has been going to western OK on paid rifle hunts the last several years and has not gotten a good deer yet. Three out of the last four years, I have killed a good buck, bigger than any he has ever gotten, on his places while he is gone on the paid hunts. It is not because I am a better hunter or better shot than him. I have just been lucky to be in the right place at the right time since none of these bucks had ever been seen by us before I killed them. It is over now though as he told me no more bucks for me on his places...only does. I have to admit I have been riding his coat tails and it has been great having him close and getting to hunt his spots. Did I mention that he is a Dr.? Oh well...I will enjoy hunting does too.

ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_LonniesBuck001.jpg

ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_Deer08003.jpg

ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_Lonnies2010RifleBuck.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So going on all those hunts and coming home empty handed. You sure he is actually hunting?

Yea I think he is hunting. The places he is going have lots of trail cam pics of really nice deer but he just has not been in the right place at the right time and a couple years he shot bucks that were not that big. He has been holding out for a big one the last few years. It will happen for him. He is 13 yrs younger than me and we have shared a lot of hunts together since he was a little boy. He has always hunted hard, first one to leave in the morning and the last one back into camp at night but the big ones have always eluded him. He gets lots of game and is a good shot, just no big bucks yet. Here is a picture of him and my other brother when they were in Jr High and we were hunting Ellis Co PHA. He is on the left. The one on the right has killed a couple good ones over the years too. He held the family record till this year. I was already married with kids when I took this picture.

ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_Scan_Pic0013.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice deer.

I have to ask. Is he serious or just teasin ya? Big buck or not, I can't imagine stopping my own brother from shooting whatever the heck he wanted to on my place.

I think he is serious for now but he may soften. I think we all know that when a really big buck shows up, you better kill him cause you may never get another look at him again. They don't get big by being stupid. His place could have another big one in there today because it is crawling with does. I had 11 come by single file the day I shot that big deer. Every buck in the area will come through his field looking for does because there are so many there. I can't fault him though. He has been very generous with all his places and I love hunting doe too. He is just frustrated right now and he is like me, hunting is a passion and it is hard not to be emotional about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom