I'm so proud...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats Dad! You should be proud! Hope her first day goes well and she gets lots of tips!!

My brothers and I had to work for our first trucks, it made us be responsible and take care of them, unlike some of my friends who's parents shelled out for them, they tore em up till the parents said no more. So I think you're doing a great thing with your daughter. Again, hope she does well!!

Yeah, I had to work for my first car too. Along with my choice of clothes, shoes, etc. Mom always said she would clothe me, but I had to wear what SHE would buy, not what I wanted her to buy. So yeah, I worked all thru high school to pay for my car, gas, insurance, upkeep, clothes, shoes, yaddida, yaddida, yaddida... :blahblah:

Here at the college where I work, I see these kids driving brand new cars and trucks that cost more than I make in a year. You know they didn't hafta work, because they are athletes.

Parents of athletes know what I mean because to be able to play sports at the collegiate level takes 110% effort at their chosen sport. They don't have time for a job because they are constantly on the court, gridiron or diamond.

So, mommy and daddy foot the bill for everything and their wheels are the most important because that is a status symbol. Hell, I've driven the same ol' beat up Chevy truck for the last 12 years!

Awesome! Sounds like you are raising her right. Tough to find kids who want to work.

Well...I never said she WANTED to work. :rolleyes2

I didn't know pumping gas was still a job in the modern world. I hope she learns to check the tires, check the oil and clean the windshield.

I didn't wanna throw too much at her right off the bat. I want her to get the pump down first, then turn her loose with an oil rag, squeegee and tire gauge. ;)

:woot: THAT is soooooo NEAT!! My gosh they grow up fast, huh?? You must be getting really old by now ... :lookaroun

:wink2:

It's not the years sugar, it's the miles! :faint:

daddyof3_101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So which station is she working at. I bet we could get a Osa fill up day going. As I have one fixing to start driving too......she would get a decent tip to help her get started.

This signature is illegal in California

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ooooooo Holdenville, got into some terrible, terrible trouble there in my high school years. Was told never to come back. But that was over 35 years ago now, I would probably be ok now! LOL!

Thought you were in Seminole!

Latest posts

Top Bottom