Important Information for All of You

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you use PrePaid Legal theyll send you a kit to help you with it. I have lawyers we use for my side of my family's stuff but the wife has PPL thru her work and we did ours thru them when we first got married, they even helped us with trusts for her kids.

FlimFlam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Legalzoom?

I'm not trying to offend but why cheap out on this one cost. Maybe you have to update your will a couple times in your life but for the cost vs benefit for the recipients of the will it would seem like something you'd put up the cash to have someone personally look over the details. If the will you are seeking is very simple and straight forward why not go with a lower cost lawyer for the peace of mind.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is a absolute must.
To be absolutely clear about this... If you have any substantial amount of assets - GET A TRUST. ...NOT A WILL!!!!!!

A trust will cost some to get established - but are INSIGNIFICANT to what expenses/time/ **and taxes** will be saved. Seriously.

A basic 'will' establishes who gets what - but everything must be transferred via lawyer ($), will typically take a year to complete, and incur taxes ($$).

Excellent thread JB!

Last edited:

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't forget to have an Advanced Health Directive done as well. This could be as important as a will. I keep a copy of ours on my phone, so I always have it with me.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget to have an Advanced Health Directive done as well. This could be as important as a will. I keep a copy of ours on my phone, so I always have it with me.

Is an electronic copy of the AHD legally valid? I'm trying to picture an ER doctor agreeing to the terms of an AHD being waved about on a cell phone.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know my niece sure wishes her father,my brother, had done this before he passed.
Been gone a year now and she is still dealing with his estate.
And it was not extensive.
Just a buch of stuff and two properties.

Latest posts

Top Bottom