In all my years trapping......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What a suprise to find this in a live trap. I've caught several over the years in steel traps but never in a live trap. I always see tracks in the snow where they've checked the trap out but never get closer than three or four feet.This was a smaller female.http://s1805.photobucket.com/albums/j434/btenn1/hunting/ Almost took me as long to figure out how to attach a pic as it did to catch a coyote in a live trap!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
She wasn't cranky like the ones I've caught in legholds before, so I don't know if she was sick,just hungry or if that's just how they act in a livetrap. Definately made the trapping season though! :ooh2:

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is cool. I have had a couple of buddies catch them in live traps but you are correct in it being very rare. He is your pic.

[Broken External Image]

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
What a suprise to find this in a live trap. I've caught several over the years in steel traps but never in a live trap. I always see tracks in the snow where they've checked the trap out but never get closer than three or four feet.This was a smaller female.http://s1805.photobucket.com/albums/j434/btenn1/hunting/ Almost took me as long to figure out how to attach a pic as it did to catch a coyote in a live trap!

fixed the pic for ya,cool by the way. i'm getting pumped up about coyotes now that all the other seasons are winding down

[Broken External Image]

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking care of me guys and fixing the pic. Didnt think about selling it to houndsmen, there are quite of few guys here in northern OK who run dogs, may have to give that a try if it ever happens again.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
haha that is awesome. i ran across a set of traps at the local atwoods...like $35 and it is a bigger cage and also comes with a small cage, so i can't wait to see, this just shows that you never know!!!

awesome pic and catch!

Latest posts

Top Bottom