• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Inexpensive .22 squirrel rifle, Tulsa area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I think about this often. "This" being the comparison between modern "inexpensive" 22 rifles and those from years gone by. For every modern rifle mentioned in this thread, I could come up with a half dozen made from 1920 (or earlier) to 1960 that were better in every respect, except for the ability to scope. Off course, there was very little reason to scope them. They had great irons and peeps and were accurate as all get out. As a teen, I put the eye out of many a squirrel with my Grandpa's Winchester 67.

Even the Mossbergs, which were beginning to exhibit "cheap" construction were a cut above most of today's offerings.

Over the past 5 years, I have given away to my Sister and her boys 2 Remington 241's (one of which was Shorts only), a Remington 121 and a Winchester 67.

If I were looking for a squirrel gun today, that's the route I would go, for sure. Either that, or step up to the CZ arena.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Second Hand Rose pawn shop on third street is a CZ rifle dealer. They have some fine .22 rifles. Bought one called 452 LUX that came with adjustable iron sights like a Mauser 98 has. Slider rear sight marked 25,50,75,100 yards, five round detachable magazine. Sight just needed small wind age adjustment, dead on elevation at all settings shooting standard velocity .22 LR. Also Wild West Gun &Pawn at 66st North Peoria in Turley has a selection of used rimfire rifles and some shotguns that would be worth a look.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions, I had searched most outlets (BP, Academy, etc.) before posting. Can't start shooting the tree rats until the middle of May so thought I would get an early start.

Thought someone might have one gathering dust in a clost somewhere. RickN's seems like about what I am thinking about, but evenings in Edmond won't work for me.

I'll write him and see if he might have somebody heading this way sometime.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions, I had searched most outlets (BP, Academy, etc.) before posting. Can't start shooting the tree rats until the middle of May so thought I would get an early start.

Thought someone might have one gathering dust in a clost somewhere. RickN's seems like about what I am thinking about, but evenings in Edmond won't work for me.

I'll write him and see if he might have somebody heading this way sometime.
Where are you located CorpsVet?

Latest posts

Top Bottom