Interesting oil leak repair by JAMSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been watching this YouTube channel JAMSI for a few months. Just a father and son engine machine shop up in Colorado. They recently built a 383 stroker motor for a customer and discovered a small oil leak during the dyno run. They came up with an interesting method of repairing the leak. If you don’t want to watch the whole thing, about the 18 minute mark is when they tackle the oil leak.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I lived in Spencer in the 1990's a friend came over with a leak in his timing cover area on his Olds 455.
I cleaned the area with berryman then blew it dry with airand pulled a vacuum with my shop vac on the fill tube and used 3M yellow weatherstrip adhesive to seal the hole.

I have since done that with intake leaks like shown above and used Ultra black silicone.

I like the syringe idea.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I lived in Spencer in the 1990's a friend came over with a leak in his timing cover area on his Olds 455.
I cleaned the area with berryman then blew it dry with airand pulled a vacuum with my shop vac on the fill tube and used 3M yellow weatherstrip adhesive to seal the hole.

I have since done that with intake leaks like shown above and used Ultra black silicone.

I like the syringe idea.
Gorilla snot is the shiznit!

Latest posts

Top Bottom