Interesting, Permaculture.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what you could just buy a single acre for down there, but if you got 48 donors to donate $200, you would have $9600 to get that acre.

You could work it out that they get a roi of a share of the food produced.

Think if I had someone who was wanting to do up a acre, them take a share, me take a share, sell the rest and divi up the profits after expences, I would let them on a acre of mine.

Who down there is willing to set up @RickN on a acre and enjoy the
fruits of his success!

🙂

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
50 families?? NOT 50 people??!?!? 🤔🤔🤔 I don't have a whole acre but by extrapolation my 1/3rd acre could feed 16.667 families (or people?? Maybe??) ... That's plenty for us -- and the only other people I'd be tempted to help.

I'm off to read some more as it's my day off today. 🤗🤗🤗

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
50 families?? NOT 50 people??!?!? 🤔🤔🤔 I don't have a whole acre but by extrapolation my 1/3rd acre could feed 16.667 people ... That's plenty for us -- and the only other people I'd be tempted to help.

I'm off to read some more as it's my day off today. 🤗🤗🤗
Yea I am more that a little skeptical of the 50 families claim. Maybe add to their food supply but not completely feed 50 families. Just imagine how many chickens that would take to keep 50 families in eggs.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Yea I am more that a little skeptical of the 50 families claim. Maybe add to their food supply but not completely feed 50 families. Just imagine how many chickens that would take to keep 50 families in eggs.
I'll downright call BS on the claim. They might all be getting a little but it darn sure isn't feeding them. Give it a conservative 3 mouths per family and that's 150 people

On a well managed and hard work 1 acre plot you could probably do pretty well for a family of 4 or 5 and maybe able to sell a little excess. Late frost, early frost, not enough rain, too much rain, insects, predators, deer, rabbits....

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It say it “provides fruit, veggies, and eggs to 50 families,” NOT that it is their sole source of food.

But yeah, you’re not gonna feed 50 people on a tiny piece of land. The point is that permaculture is the most effective and efficient set of principles to plan and operate these sort of things by.

Latest posts

Top Bottom