Stockyards On Short List For OKC Jail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you folks think of the city considering putting the new jail at the Stockyards? It's a billion dollar industry, approximately 200 personnel are employed there and it is really a national monument that should remain intact. Presidents have visited the Cattleman's Cafe which has been in operation for a round 100 years. they'ar nto going to shout down Cattleman's or close he Stockyard but the site appears to be mighty close to them. I think the jail should be as close to the OK Courthouse as possible, I can visualize prisoners escaping from a van and causing manhunts. It certainly can't be close to a school.

OKC Stockyards property not for sale despite being on list ...

What other possible Oklahoma County jail locations are still on the list?​

Other locations still on the county's list include:

• Up to 192 acres of land located between S Newcastle Road and SW 54 offered for sale by the Oklahoma City Airport Trust (though, Oklahoma City's Airport Trust on Dec. 21 rejected an offer from Oklahoma County to buy a portion of that land for $2.5 million).
  • A 63 acre piece of land initially offered for sale for about $7.5 million near SE 29 and the Kickapoo Turnpike owned by Tsalagi Development.
  • Up to 80 acres of land on the west side of Stockyards City, a location Commissioner Myles Davidson prefers.
  • MSN

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not from the OKC area, so not really up on their politics. What's wrong with the current jail?
I'm not from OKC either, but it's a structural disaster in the way it was designed. From what I have read the inmates can plug up the toilets on one floor and flood the rest and so on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom