Intruder story ends well

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad it worked out. And the door lock thing is covered...sooooo, did he piss?

No but he would have if I had been home

Good to hear the LCSO made it to your place quickly, took them 30 minutes to get to our place when we needed them.

What was more impressive was that OHP was in the area and answered the call and was here within a few minutes. LCSO was just a few minutes behind

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow that just kinda tells you how quickly some situations can unfold in a real bad way had it been some lowlife. Either way i do agree with the above, my gun is either on my hip once out of the shower or within arms reach if im doing my workouts. And yes my doors stay locked all day unless i'm doing something outside as well. glad you wife was ok i'm sure she was a little shook up after the whole deal but ya know who wouldn't have gotten amped up after something like that.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found out something else from my neighbor tonight. I had assumed that the dumb a$$ was some kind of friend or acquaintance of my neighbor. WRONG!

He said he called some company to come out and work on his computer. I should ask him what company. I guess I'll drop it though.

They will be out of business soon since their techs will all be dead or in jail. Stupidity knows no bounds

BC

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang Burk, that's some scary stuff!

I always have one within reach and even carry while I mow. My wife thinks I've lost my mind I think, but it's just something like this that validates what we do.

Definitely a Darwin candidate.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, man. I'm glad everything turned out ok.

I know you say you and she will lock the doors from now on, but you'll have to make sure it becomes part of your regular routine or as things get back to normal and the terror fades, you'll find yourself back into your old habits. It's easy to drop your guard after months and years of nothing happening again.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live a little east of Guthrie. My wife is getting better about locking doors when she leaves... My MIL stayed with us for a while... and always wonders why I pissed and moaned about coming home to an empty "unlocked" house.

That tech maybe learned a lesson. When I worked outside (power companies) we always made a point to "make a little noise" and try to contact the residents... I'd rather wake you up... than suprise a person. You get less shot that way.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I were setting on the back patio having a beverage. From where I was setting, I can look pretty much through the house. Heard a noise, then noticed a man walking through my home, going room to room, he hadn't see us on the patio. I went inside, retrieved a handgun, caught up with him and ordered him to the floor. I wish I could say that I was calm and collected, but I wasn't, the adrenline was flowing. My girlfriend rushes in, after the comotion and yells at me to STOP! The man on the floor is her daughters boyfriend. After setting the gun down, I ran roughshod over this guy. I told him he came dam close to being dead. Ever heard of ringing a doorbell, knocking on a door, going to the side gate and calling out or calling on a cell phone? I would never just walk into someones house, even if I knew them or family. I didn't know this guy at all. Girlfriend chewed me out and told me I was in the wrong. Was I? Anyway girlfreind is a ex and I keep the front locked up when I'm on the patio.

Latest posts

Top Bottom