IRS Agent Shot and Killed By Another Agent During Training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ben Avery range was mentioned in the vid-cap. I have shot there. That's where I took my threat-centered revolver course with Grant Cunningham. It is a good facility.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
don't think anybody is saying they don't have 2A rights just that the irs should not be arming agents who investigate citizens who might have lied on there taxes. why do they need to carry a gun especially a long gun to go talk to joe citizen about his tax return. something stinks and it starts with joe
Some of those they are investigating may be very dangerous people.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some of those they are investigating may be very dangerous people.
and theres not enough other agencies they can use if they are dealing with people like that? besides other federal cops they can call local for back up if they need something like swat. sorry but I don't see this as anything but joe arming another federal agency

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and theres not enough other agencies they can use if they are dealing with people like that? besides other federal cops they can call local for back up if they need something like swat. sorry but I don't see this as anything but joe arming another federal agency
If they used another agency or local department some would find fault with that also.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also as stated got to get to the 3 level before they carry so maby it’s more government bull. Large agency only a few carry so why so many arms being bought

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
SO why so many Guns and Ammo if supposedly there are very few of them authorized to carry a gun?

So, according to an OpenTheBooks report titled The Militarization of U.S. Executive Agencies shows that, even without the proposed $80 billion increase in funding, the IRS Criminal Investigation Division (IRS-CI) is already heavily armed at the expense of the American taxpayer.

The current 4,600-gun stockpile includes:

3,282 pistols
621 shotguns
539 rifles
15 fully automatic firearms
4 revolvers

According to the Government Accountability Office the ammunition breakdown is as follows:

• Pistol and revolver rounds: 3,151,500
  • Rifle rounds: 1,472,050
  • Shotgun rounds: 367,750
  • Fully automatic firearm rounds: 56,000

According to Criminal Investigation (CI) At-a-Glance | Internal Revenue Service there is 2100 Special Agents within the IRS-CI, and I am willing to bet the vast majority of those individuals carry a firearm. That ends up equating to 1.5 handguns per special agent, with enough rifles and shotguns for every 3rd agent to get one, roughly. How I figure it probably works is that everybody gets a sidearm, there’s a handful of sidearms that sit in an armory somewhere because the government likes to have extras or leave broken stuff laying around in a corner, and there’s enough rifles and shotguns for a few tactical teams and a couple of guys to have backups. But just like most high speed guys, those tactical teams are likely very well funded and likely have extra crap just hiding in a closet somewhere because they had budget to burn.

Why so much ammo? Thats really not that much. The average military ordinance rounding error dwarfs these figures. But, they equate to 960 rounds per handgun, 2731 rounds per rifle, and 592 shotgun shells per shotgun. Typically, ammo is bought in contracts, and these typically end up being multi year contracts. They’re not gonna just send the boys to to bass pro with the company card to pick up a box of FMJ’s on the way to the range. They’re gonna buy enough for carry and training to last several years, and to keep said stockpile up if ammo shortages were to happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom