IRS Agent Shot and Killed By Another Agent During Training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same holds true with what I said earlier. I bet there’s a high percentage of military folks that had never held a gun until they joined up. I’m actually surprised there’s not more accidental shooting among the military ranks.
The military is a lot more thorough in their training, but you’re correct. A lot of trainees had never held a gun before getting in.
Guess what, a lot of them became the best shooters because they listened to the DI’s instructions vs some of the “experienced” shooters that brought grandpa’s training to the range.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The military is a lot more thorough in their training, but you’re correct. A lot of trainees had never held a gun before getting in.
Guess what, a lot of them became the best shooters because they listened to the DI’s instructions vs some of the “experienced” shooters that brought grandpa’s training to the range.
My grandpa was on the Navy Marksmanship team tho.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pictures being shown of the kids with guns are not IRS agents. There was a program where IRS-CI agents would go to local high schools and have a career program trying to inform students about the job. Trying to drum up interest and applicants down the road.

The students would role-play and learn about investigations; from documenting allegations, interviewing subjects, executing search warrants, making arrests, and testifying in mock trials.

So the kids in the pics and wheelchairs are not agents.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was from a different time, we were drafted. The best shooters were the country boys and some that had shot competition. I was number 2 in the battalion bested by a pro shooter.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They have the right to keep and bare arms also. Just need more training.
don't think anybody is saying they don't have 2A rights just that the irs should not be arming agents who investigate citizens who might have lied on there taxes. why do they need to carry a gun especially a long gun to go talk to joe citizen about his tax return. something stinks and it starts with joe

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry for the tragedy of course...but they recruited a bunch of gen-z marxists who probably never learned gun safety with grandpa before. There were some news reports about it awhile back and here were some of the training photos I found:

View attachment 402829
IRS supervisory special agent Rob Erickson shows accounting students defensive tactics as they prepare to make an arrest.

The photos were from 2017 and were taken at Stockton University during something like a career day. FFS...

The pictures being shown of the kids with guns are not IRS agents. There was a program where IRS-CI agents would go to local high schools and have a career program trying to inform students about the job. Trying to drum up interest and applicants down the road.

The students would role-play and learn about investigations; from documenting allegations, interviewing subjects, executing search warrants, making arrests, and testifying in mock trials.

So the kids in the pics and wheelchairs are not agents.

Thank you.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The photos were from 2017 and were taken at Stockton University during something like a career day. FFS...

Thank you.
career day or not it doesn't matter it should still be taken seriously. treating it like it's some kind of game is just stupid and there isn't any excuse for it. figures though if it happened at some lib college in california. those folks are all a joke.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
don't think anybody is saying they don't have 2A rights just that the irs should not be arming agents who investigate citizens who might have lied on there taxes. why do they need to carry a gun especially a long gun to go talk to joe citizen about his tax return. something stinks and it starts with joe.
Found this online. Might explain why..
The IRS purchases guns and ammunition for special agents in its criminal investigation division, a law enforcement branch established in 1919. This unit investigated Al Capone. The typical IRS auditors that Americans would encounter in a routine audit are unarmed. IRS is the 6th largest LE agency in the county.

Latest posts

Top Bottom