is any body going to the $12 gun show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i wasn't going to go but went to OAS to get some boolits and figured "what the heck" . so i headed over and battled the backwoods show crowd and the book sale crowd only to park a million miles away.

i ended up not looking for deals but the overpriced stuff. thats more fun anyway, how bout a pitted nickel S&W 19 for $700.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I can say is what a show, it was wall to wall people. We finally had a short break of buying customers to have a 15 min. lunch. I guess there are many that do not mind the $12. fee, because they were at the show today.

We set up at a $6. shows or a $12. shows, we have more buying customers at the $12. shows, and more tire kickers at the $6. shows go figure, maybe the none buying customers stay at home for the $12. shows. Now that is just our island. It may be different, in other peoples islands.

It would be cool to have the promoter let everyone in free, and free tables we would also set up at those shows too.

Maybe the people that feel there is so much wrong with the shows, can put their money up and show us how it should be done. I hear alot of people that want to tell others how to put on a show, but I have not seen anyone put up their money to show us how it should be done.

Oh I am sure I will get flaimed for this, but I am just saying what alot of the people that are afraid to post because they might be flaimed by the vocal few, want to say, but you know me I don't care, I will say what I feel.

Let the flaiming begin!

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a good crowd there today at the Sooner show in Tulsa, They didn't show up until about 10:00 a.m. but they were there

Feet Dry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went. This show used to fill the upper deck at the expo building. Now about half. LOTS of junk. Rocks, jerkey, etc....Deals are few and far between. Watch the people walking around for personal best deals....

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My wife and I went, the show was so-so I've been to better and I've been to worse. There were some good deals to be found but it's like any show you need to have your wits about you and bargain well.

Biker4Him

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My pop has a store in Yukon, and he sets up at all the shows. I'm usually there too to help man the booth, and share what little knowledge I have learned the past 39 years of gun ownership.

I'm not sure what the heck was going on today. But I never had a chance to leave our booth all day. It was 5:25 before we finished selling the last gun, and THEN I finally got to go pee. We usually bring 150-200 guns to every show, we have a little bit of everything from early 20th century Winchesters & Savages, to new in the box Sigs, Kahrs, Para's, Springfields, etc. The building was so packed full of people today, there were people standing in line just to see what we had. It was an awesome show for us, and I didn't hear anyone there complaining about the $12.00 to get in. A lot of the people today, were glad it was a two day show, because they couldn't see everything in one day, because of the crowds, and the inventory. I didn't get to walk around and talk to other dealers, so I'm glad to hear Mark say he was busy too.

I know there will always be people that will refuse to pay $12.00 for two day admission, or even $6.00 for one day admission. If I was a normal consumer I would have issues paying that kind of fee for entry as well. But this was truly one of the best shows I've seen in the last 8 months. So I hope everyone I saw today will come again tomorrow, and those that didn't I hope you'll think about coming out tomorrow. But if not... you can always stop our store..:thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom