Is it normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're the dude sittin in the bushes, camoed up, with a loaded weapon pointed at the oblivious, unarmed varmit... no need to be scared. But like YankeeMN said, hell yeah on nervous! Any time I call in a wild animal I get an adrenaline rush like no drug could ever give. It is a rush and you will love it.

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its always good to have a little nervous anticipation before any hunt. Its part of what keeps me going and excited even at 52. You're going to have fun. Coyote hunting tends to be fast paced compared to deer hunting. If you have plenty of land make 15 to 20 minute stands and move on. Enjoy, Don

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont think you mean scared as in, they are going to get you, you mean scared as how is this all going to turn out. I was nervous my first time and many times after that. But now it just like getting Christmas presents everytime i get to go out. You never know what you going to see or call in, and sometimes you might not get anything at all. But like dcmtex said its face paced and loads of fun. Just go out do your thing and have fun.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now having a coyote sniffing the deer blind behind you is always fun. Till you thump the blind wall and hear it take off running at top speed.

nervous is expected. anxious is expected. Scared not so much.

je4bowhuntin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL scary is when you are sitting in a thicket squalling real good with your call and you hear a wierd sound only to realize it is wing beats and a huge owl lands 2 foot above your head in a tree you are tucked up under.....lol. happened to me last year. I thought it was going to land on my head. You will love the yote hunting just get out and enjoy!

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is definitely a rush like r00s7a said, the best I've experienced so far in hunting! Once you get into it, and have some success, you may find deer hunting kinda boring...I know I'm getting to that point!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
like others have said, when the coyote comes to the call is some of the most exciting events of all hunting.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now having a coyote sniffing the deer blind behind you is always fun. Till you thump the blind wall and hear it take off running at top speed.

nervous is expected. anxious is expected. Scared not so much.
that wasn't a coyote that was me and you hit me in the balls, you jackwagon:finger:

Latest posts

Top Bottom