Is it normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crag: If you would like to go calling with me for a couple stands shoot me a PM. I have some private ground around Norman and would love to share what little I know on the subject.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Crag: If you would like to go calling with me for a couple stands shoot me a PM. I have some private ground around Norman and would love to share what little I know on the subject.

thats a fine gentleman offer there. deer season is winding down and its time to move on. you guys give me a pm and we can shoot some on my lease as well. darn coyotes howl every evening, i'm sure they run the deer off. i'm not much of a caller though, shootermcgavin here on the board does a fine job callin em in. maybe i can get him to come out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have a great story, but a friend does.
He was at Kaw Lake calling for Coyotes, in the snow.
He had a sheet for camo, and was backed up to a 3' rock ledge.
Dead calm winds.
He called, for awhile ,and finally saw some "fog" drift across his view.
He looked to his left, and there was a coyote standing not 5 feet away on top of the rock ledge looking at his remote speaker.
they both ran different directions:D:D

zandroes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still very new to hunting but coyote hunting is really exciting for me. I can see it being kinda scary calling a predator and it could very well sneak up behind you. Probably not likely but something I keep in the back of my mind since I've only hunted by myself..
If you guys ever want to share some knowledge I would sure appreciate tagging along..

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coyote hunting is fine. But for me bear hunting is a rush like no other. ESP. When you watch them shred a stump to itty bitty pieces just to get a few grubs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom